PowerShiftGamer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The PowerShiftGamer forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Darkseid

Darkseid

PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED Empty
PostSubject: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Discuss. albino
Back to top Go down
Kiryū Kazuma

Kiryū Kazuma

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:00 pm

>Implying Persona isn't a terrible series.
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Kasim

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 pm

I played VERY VERY little of PSX Persona, I sorta liked it, can you give me a quick rundown? Standard NIS? I was told it's really "Trippy" for lack of a better word.
Back to top Go down
Kiryū Kazuma

Kiryū Kazuma

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:11 pm

I only played a bit of the PSP one, but I lost interest. The few hours I did spend with it I loved.
Back to top Go down
Darkseid

Darkseid

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:20 pm

The first Persona and it's remake are way different from the other games in the series, using a different battle system and some more basic characters.

Both 2s (only one in America, long story) are very good from what I've gheard but are pure JRPG. Think a Shin Megami Tensei game that isn't balls hard.

3 and 4 on the PS2 added dating sim elements that actually made them more addictive, but 4 is the best. This is mainly because the annoying girlfriend system in 3 is now optional, so you don't have to constantly by girls gifts so you can hang out with other girls, and had much better characters.

3 is pretty damn emo for most the game and moves slow. 4, on the other hand, has fantastic pacing and a much happier but still serious tone. The characters also have some extra depth to them and all the battle system bugs are worked out.

The SMT series over all isn't like most NiS games in a sense. They have either more edgy or mature subject matter or are just harder.

Yeah, even harder than Disgaea. The Persona series is the easy subset of the series, though.
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Kasim

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:27 pm

So if I found Disgaea easy, SMT would still prove to be a Challange? Is it safe to start with 4 or will it spoil me for the other games? I might start with 3 then move to 4 I was wondering, because I'm headed to gamestop sometime this/Next week are they hard to find?
Back to top Go down
Darkseid

Darkseid

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Kasim wrote:
So if I found Disgaea easy, SMT would still prove to be a Challange? Is it safe to start with 4 or will it spoil me for the other games? I might start with 3 then move to 4 I was wondering, because I'm headed to gamestop sometime this/Next week are they hard to find?

You want Persona 3 FES first, which should be no prob since you've played a lot of Disgaea, then 4.

However, if you want the hard stuff, try Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne for the PS2 and Strange Journey on the DS. Those two games are largely called the two hardest JRPGs ever made.

The only game you would have trouble finding is Nocturne. It's pretty rare, but the rest I mentioned aren't too hard to find.
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Kasim

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Thanks for the information, I generally tend to stick to the "worst" of the series first, and play it for unusual amounts of time then avid fans bash me. Cool Any word on why Strange Journey is hard? Is it broken hard, or legitimately challanging?
Back to top Go down
Darkseid

Darkseid

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:40 pm

Kasim wrote:
Thanks for the information, I generally tend to stick to the "worst" of the series first, and play it for unusual amounts of time then avid fans bash me. Cool Any word on why Strange Journey is hard? Is it broken hard, or legitimately challanging?

It's very challenging, but it's a bitch of a game. While I wouldn't call it cheap, you are going to die a lot and you are going to have to think a lot.
Back to top Go down
Kasim

Kasim

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 pm

So mostly critical thinking, I can deal, I had to think a lot in early Etrian Odyssey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED   PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED Empty

Back to top Go down

PERSONA 4 IS THE GREATEST GAME EVER CREATED
Page 1 of 1